Friday, March 30, 2012


I’m curious about how others handle it when their friends fall upon good fortune.  For me, my tummy get this extra warm and fuzzy feeling, I get tingly all over and I feel like it’s Christmas, New Years and my birthday all rolled in one.  Though this is the way I always react, I do so even more when I know that same friend has been struggling and a sudden ray of sunshine manages to break through their surrounding dark clouds. 

So, when I say that I love it when good things happen to my friends, I’m not just spouting words, I really love the fact that good fortune is embracing them.  To have something positive happen to a friend is even more rewarding than when good fortune happens my way.  I’m struggling here to put this into clear words, so please bear with me. 

Is it the same with others?  Do other folks feel fulfilled, as I do, when they’re made aware that something good has happened to a friend?  Not just that they feel happy for the friend, but that the news actually makes them…fulfilled? 

By nature, I’m a giver, nurturer and like to see those around me happy so will go to great lengths to pull that off.  Perhaps this is why when I get word that something good’s happened to a friend, I’m so elated.  For to me, there’s no greater happiness.  As I mentioned, yes, it’s nice with good things happen to me, but to see the same play out with a friend…nothing better.

How about you?  How does it affect you when something good happens to a friend?

No comments:

Post a Comment