Friday, October 23, 2010

I appreciate the ability to enter into a situation with an opened mind. Pass no judgment. Have no preconceived expectations. And to have a willingness to expand my horizons.

In today’s society, the norm often dictates that we conform to what is expected, the general flow of things. But where’s the fun in that? If we follow along blindly like a flock of mindless sheep, how do we ever expect to grow? Expand our knowledge? Push our boundaries?

I prefer taking a different approach. When faced with something new, instead of shying away from it, I jump in with both feet. I don’t allow stereotypes to influence how the affair will affect me. Instead, I absorb the situation as it plays out and glean what sensibilities it, not society’s expectations, expose me to. By doing so, I most often find myself enlightened in ways that I would have missed if I’d been close-minded and fettered by preconceived expectations.

By handing one’s self over to a given situation with an open and willing spirit, one allows themselves the latitude to experience things on a deeper level and gain profound insight.

No comments:

Post a Comment