Sunday, October 10, 2010

Life is never dull.

Case in point, I awoke this morning to learn that my kitchen was flooded, wall-to-wall. And…this being Sunday. And…my husband is currently out of state. Oh, yeah, and…did I mention that I am going in for surgery first thing tomorrow morning?

Ugh!

So, what to do in such a situation? I called some friends and found the name of a reputable plumber. After talking with him, it was determined that I probably have a leak in one of my pipes that rests in my foundation.

Happy, happy, joy, joy!

He advised that we turn off the water to the house, which we already had, and made arrangements to be out first thing in the morning. So what to do next? Call my husband and inform him that I simply am not up to juggling a team of plumbers, and an orchestra of jackhammers while I’m recovering from my surgery, at least not alone.

My husband agreed and will be arriving home late this evening. My daughter will take me to and from my surgery tomorrow, as originally planned, while my husband deals with the plumbers.

The only question left is, should I ask for more meds to knock me out and a set of earplugs for when I return home? Hahahahahahaha!!!

Like I said, life is never dull.

No comments:

Post a Comment