Monday, October 4, 2010

Yesterday, I blogged about having the tenacity and willingness to move forward when faced with crossroads. And that often, where those roads lead us is to unknown destinations. But that if we have faith in our instincts, we will be led where we are meant to go.

To every plan of action, however, there is an alternate one. And many times, our plans are put to the test when unforeseen occurrences are thrown into the mix. Take today for example. I thought I was going to do one thing, which had required much preparation. All the necessary steps had been taken. Complex schedules had been rearranged. And I was ready to go. But…fate had different plans for me.

This past weekend, I was repeatedly bitten by some kind of insect(s), which I had an allergic reaction to. How bad was the reaction? Serious enough for not one but two doctors to take notice this morning, and I’m now on strong antibiotics for the next week.

Does this mean that my original carefully thought out plans weren’t the right ones? No, though some might take my adverse reaction to the bug bites as such. But not me, for I had done a lot of research and soul searching prior to making my decision and was at peace with my choice, despite knowing that the path I had chosen would be a challenging one.

So what will I do now? Take my antibiotics, hope they remedy the problem, and then I’ll proceed with my original plan of action confident that it is the right one—for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment