Saturday, October 23, 2010

While reading today, I came across a passage in Incubus Dreams, written by Laurell K. Hamilton. I thought I’d share it, for it sums up exactly how I feel.

There comes a point where you just love someone. Not because they’re good or bad, or anything really. You just love them. It doesn’t mean you’ll be together forever. It doesn’t mean you won’t hurt each other. It just means you love them. Sometimes in spite of who they are, and sometimes because of who they are. And you know that they love you, sometimes because of who you are, and sometimes in spite of it.

I found it ironic to come across this passage, so out of place in the book, as it captured recurring sentiments I’ve shared with family and close friends of late. The passage doesn’t need deciphering or elaboration, so I won’t bother to try. Instead, I’ll end this blog and let those who read it come to their own conclusions.

No comments:

Post a Comment